Monday, January 4, 2010

On Break

Happy New Year.

My pink yoga news is that I am now on a teaching sabbatical (end date unknown). It’s not that I do not love teaching. I do. And it’s not that I don’t care about my students. I om-om-om so really do. And it’s not that suddenly I have a problem with yoga, got all harumpfy with it one day and rolled up my yoga mat saying, “Hit the road, mat. I’m going to find real meaning, real fun and truth, without you! Who needs YOU?” I don’t, I didn't, and I do.

By allowing myself to hang up my teacher’s pashmina for awhile and don instead the worn t-shirt and yoga pants of the student, I will be readying myself for the day when what I have to offer is aligned with what I know as a yogi, an artist, a teacher, and an individual. I am taking a sabbatical in order to be a better teacher, yogi, and person.

This is not to say I am not available. For consulting, private lessons, and occasional special yoga events, I hope to be able to make some time. Additionally, I intend to produce more Pink Lotus Yoga products this year that will help users develop and deepen their very own om-ishness.

Finally, I intend to shift my energies towards other efforts besides yoga during this teaching break. Into whatever direction that takes me, one of my goals is to merge my love for writing with my love for yoga. So, dear reader, the upshot sum is this: I’ll be posting rants, chants, stories, and helpful yoga advice here at pinklotusnotes weekly or biweekly. I hope you’ll check back often and speak up about what you'd like to read and discuss.

Om and Namaste and may all your dreams be on their way.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to returning to your classes one day. All the best on your sabbatical...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Your blog title could mean "Notes about Pink Lotus" or it could mean "I got a really complicated email and workflow system and it's colored pink!"

    ReplyDelete