Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cleanse, Day Four: Ouch!!!!

All right, all right. Perhaps I was a little overly optimistic to think this cleanse was going to be a true love, a cleanse to remember (see prior post). Today I woke with aches so acute I want to sum them up as such: I'm dying.

Fortunately, I'm not. I certainly do not know who to blame for my aches, so I blame no one, not even myself. That revelation of non-blame regarding pain is one huge step life for me, to be in the middle of a cleanse and not feel as though I'm in a suit way too tight for me, or on a planet where there's not enough oxygen for me, or in some mean babysitter's kitchen where no food is served after 3 p.m. because you're going to go home soon....some day...not too much longer, and eat. I have so much to tend to during this cleanse that pointing fingers at past people or habits that cause stored toxicity and stress in the body is--rimshot, please--counter-productive.

Still. I am miserable. The aches I feel are in my upper and mid back, thighs, and hips. It's just like having the flu, but I have no other symptoms. You'd think I'd be all happy about that. Only to a slight degree am I. I know I'm not sick, so why why why ME? The answer is, 'why NOT me?'

Part of this cleanse--oh, I'd say a large part of it--is mental: hot baths, heating pads, calming teas so I can sleep, and the prescribed yoga by my coach are part and parcel along with a whole foods diet. On this cleanse, if you stick to it, you can't escape improvement. It's just that the road to that can start out bumpy. All cleanses offer that. Money back guarantee: A challenge for you psyche and soul or WE pay for your vegetables!

Hey, Ouchville: I'm not having any fun walking down your streets these days, but soon I'll find a clearing, and I'll say goodbye to you, and that will be a breath of fresh air. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment